Wednesday 25 February 2015

World Cup 2015 - The Pundits View Group Game 1


Early this morning as the sun was rising in Rome 279 regulars JV and The Doctor were joined by Broon and Lee Reynolds who’d just arrived in Italy and flew in from Lampedusa where he’d arrived after taking a boat trip from North Africa with his Algerian players.

JV: “Well guys that was one hell of a night of World Cup football… I don’t even know where to begin but for me my best pal Kinnear. Wow… who’d have seen that result coming?”

The Doctor: “I thought the first half was quite boring to be frank… but that last 10 minutes were amazing, firstly Belgium made it 2-1 and then Paraguay scored twice, yes twice to win it 3-2. Cardozo getting the winning goal in the 87th minute.”

Broon: “As a proud Scot I just had to watch my beloved Argentina but it was quite a routine game and win. I was impressed though and next up is Morocco and I think we should be through tonight quite easily. I also had one eye on Germany who were equally impressive stopping a potent Uruguay attack they will be one to watch.”

JV: “I was stunned by Beddows’ defence of Ronaldo’s dive for the second penalty… if that was a real penalty then Sepp Blatter is 100% sane! Portugal were poor though. I hope Ecuador get something against a good Chile side and Jamaica perform some sort of miracle… but if not no problem…. What did you guys think of Albania’s boss Mister Malcolm’s claim that France could win it?

Broon: “IF France were to win this thing it will be because of their players and not their manager. He is a little too ‘doo lally’ to achieve something that great! But back to last night Benzema was immense.”

Reynolds: “That’s a little harsh Broon, sure Razzaque appears to not always be able to see the wood for the trees but in my opinion Huddo who bounces around talking about kangaroos or Beddows who bleats on about Petersen all the time are far more ‘doo lally.’ I actually have just got back from watching Huddo vs my great friend Clive what did you all think of that one?”

The Doctor: "I think Short must be delighted... and now I am certain of a draw between Germany and Austria tonight... It is the 'Anschluss' all over again. Talking of the 1930's did anyone see PWM 'banging on' about the ref in the N.Ireland - Italy game. Didn't he refer to the ref's performance as being reminiscent to the ref's performance in the 1938 World Cup final?

Broon: "I never knew PMW was that old! Joking aside PMW 'bangs on' about a lot of things. I must say when the nice hotel waitress bought me my newspapers this morning and I had to chuckle at the front page of the Belefast Telegraph. However N.Ireland did well and his 'small man syndrome' approach will work wonders tonight against the mighty Russia. Did any of you see the front of 'The Moscow Times' this morning.... "

JV: "I didn't, no. But I read 'The Kiev Express' which was reporting Putin's threat that he would move tanks to the Irish border if PWM doesn't let Russia win tonight. LOL. All for laughs I imagine, Putin does try to see the funny side of things doesn't he? What about those Czechs eh? The Doctor said it yesterday didn't he? I hope there was no time traveling involved in his 'understanding?'

Reynolds: "Je M'appelle Falcao (Cooper) was great. You could just tell from the first whistle and the pride with which they sang the new Czech National anthem (a combination of Welsh/Czech) that they were up for it. I do not know what Hillard has been doing this last few days with them but they just weren't either physically or mentally prepared. And they face might Slovenia tonight. Where are we all off to tonight? And I wonder where Berlosconi will be?"

JV: "I'm off to Turkey v France. Apparently Razzaque has been ceremoniously culling live turkey's this morning and beaming it live to Turkish television... Nice bloke... Huge match for Gardiner though who will surely walk if they fail to beat the French. Not sure about Berlosconi though he seems to be everywhere, Wembley on Monday, Germany v Uruguay last night. What about you Broon? Argentina again?"

Broon: "Actually no... I'm going to scout some players for Sprus and watch Shipp v Kinnear... top of the table clash in group C... Ivory Coast v Paraguay, both were really impressive last night and I'm expecting a great game."

The Doctor: Well I'm off to 'Friend's' game. Montenegro v Croatia... Alldridge will be hoping that with Jovetic then can get something to delay the inevitable... will definitely have one eye on  Chile v Ecuador though, you have to feel it is a bigger match for Hirst than Chile."

Reynolds: "I naturally will be at Germany v Austria. In fact Short has invited me and Miss Posh to give a motivational speech to his side before the game. I was invited by Dodger to watch Slovenia v Spain but Miss Posh said that she prefers David Alaba to Pique..."

The Doctor: "Well I guess that is all we have time for this morning lads. Any plans for the rest of the day? Sightseeing? Any recommendations?"

Broon: "I am flying down to Naples to be honest to go and see the Diego Maradona museum!"

JV: "I personally have a meeting with his holiness Jorge and plan to advise him not to cheat anymore."

Reynolds: "Good lad JV"

6 comments:

  1. Brilliant work Beddows......this is definitely your genre

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great panel, great comments, altogether the stuff that makes this the best world in Soccer Manager.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic imagination Mr B, great post, looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephen, brilliant!! Never noticed before how much Lee looks like Bazza Fry :) :)

    ReplyDelete