Sunday 22 February 2015

WREXHAM End of the season Report

Mark Deadman spent an afternoon in the Welsh mountains and spoke to our 279 reporter:

"Well there is no disguising the fact this was a dreadful season for  the club and me personally.  Having taken over the club  following promotion I had hoped to consolidate our position in Division 4. My policy has always been in building up from a youth  foundation. That was clearly a mistake in this division and  added to the fact limited budget and  lack of quality it became clear from  mid season onwards that we were going to struggle. I cannot promise the supporters a swift return as I slowly build the squad and look for bargains in Free transfers. But I my aim is to ensure the club remains on a firm financial footing.

I have to give my self a rating of 0 and the team  I guess 3 at most.

Only 1 player has really done well this season and that was Joslain Mayebi (GK) who finished with 7 MOM awards. Says something for a team finishing in bottom 2.

The players are a very young bunch (average age 21) , so I will let them go and do whatever they want.

Regarding where I shop it will be POUNDLAND for food and players."


2 comments:

  1. Good to see a manager thinking financially and keeping the club on a sound footing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poundland is where I go to buy shampoo/shower gel etc... LOL... Good stuff Mark.

    ReplyDelete