Friday 27 February 2015

World Cup 2015 - The Pundits View Group Game 3 and 2nd Round Preview


This morning the 279 team are eating lumachee and vongole for breakfast on a Rome beach and it is JV in charge today as The Doctor is apparently lost somewhere in time and space and not responding to messages. JV is joined by yesterday’s newest pundit Ted Powell and Broon is back from Naples and wearing his new favourite T-shirt that has been given to him by Powell.

The panel had also hoped to have Beddows on after Portugal's humiliating exit but he refused to come on if JV was presenting so they have Frank Hirst on as 2nd choice.

JV: “Well guys, the group stage is all over… it seems like it only started on Tuesday. How time flies? For me last night was all about Beddows failing, and Frank of course, a European champion but he couldn’t beat Daniel Rose’s mighty Jamaica.”

Frank: “Thanks JV, I take full responsibility. If I had done more flying between Ecuador and Tranmere last week and not concentrated 100% on the European Cup final we’d have gone through for sure. But full credit to Daniel and Jamaica, I hear that Usain Bolt has been training their strikers which would justify why they beat us. How far do you think they can go Ted?”

Ted: “Well Frank, to be frank with you, Colombia did very well in all of their 3 group games and for me I give them a -50% (yes minus) chance of beating Colombia.  

Frank: “As much as my players, Antonio and Enner told me of the animosity between Uruguay and Ecuador dating back to the 1820 war of independence I would like to say personally that I’d like Mike Rafferty and Uruguay to do well. Great recovery after losing the first match but a great 4-0 win against Austria last night. Who do they have next JV?”

JV: “Erm, let me just check the blog… Czech Republic at home, we will discuss that in more detail later. Berlosconi last night watching Poland? What was that about?”

Broon: “I have no idea… he keeps popping up at random games. Talking of Poland what a night in Group A. Slovakia blew it and then their manager quit straight afterwards. China were very brave but Dave T also quit moments after the game. Reports from China that there is now an arrest warrant for Dave T did you see those news reports JV?”  

JV: “I did. I think he should be save at the Emirates though. Full credit to Gavin though, Poland had to win by 2 clear goals and did so scoring the second in the 71st minute. He actually looked quite dashing on the front of the Polish newspapers this morning. Tonight they face Chile… tough game. Chile have arguably been one of the most consistent sides so far isn’t that right Frank? LOL”

Frank: “No comment! I do not think that you guys have given enough credit to Marek at Argentina to be honest. Tonight it is Ireland for them and a solid group stage with maximum points… I spoke to Lee last night and he agrees Argentina all the way.”  

Ted: “How is Lee anyway? Any news on Miss Posh, I saw that he publically denied the spilt on the newsfeed but surely his continued absence from the 279 Pundit show is evidence enough and then Clive quit… I was sad for Clive but it is all Aaron’s fault isn’t it? If he’d agreed to a draw in the second group match they’d have been ok?”

Broon: “Talking of Aaron and Germany tonight they face another country that they once invaded. It’s Aaron Mc (Mr Smooth) against Fred Dodger (Mr Scruffy), how do you see this one?”

JV: “I think that they take Slovenia lightly at their peril. Dodger will have the players up for this remembering the April 1941 German invasion. Mark my words we could see a few surprises tonight?”

Broon: “JV you are crazy! With Petersen, Reus and Lahm Germany should absolutely capitulate the Slovene’s! Easy 3-0 win I think. What about PMW do you think he will quit?”

JV: “Well I respect you opinion Broon but you are incorrect! As for PMW who knows what he might do… ‘The Moscow Times’ have called for him to go to Moscow… ‘Sydney Morning Herald’ want him in Australia… I even sure that the ‘Beijing Express’ had a picture of him making egg fried rice… pleading with him to come to China. He is certainly a manager in demand!”

Broon: “Talking of Australia did any of you see his report? And also what about the ‘Paraguay Phenomenon’ it is incredible!”

Frank: “Huddo basically confided in me and said that he’d spent too much time getting the lads to do ‘bounce and tone classes’ he wanted them to be more like kangaroos than Aussie, but that is between us. Can Paraguay beat USA? Yes I think they can. Gino is a legend… the whole of Paraguay loves him…”

A dog going for 'walkies' in Ascension last night
Ted: “Well two more games to preview firstly - Rowdy Razzaque (France) v Friend (Croatia) – I do not think Friend won’t find many friends in blue tonight. France should beat them. I actually think Razzaque is paranoid though. He text me this link late last night… he fears that the Croats will use magic against him. http://tatjana-mihaela.hubpages.com/hub/croatia-carnival Did any of you get the same message?”

Broon: “Yeah I think he sent it to most people. But I think the French will have too much power. Did you see the pictures on Sky News from Cardiff airport. The Welsh are fighting to get flights to Italy to follow Cooper and the Czechs.”

Cardiff Airport - People desperate to get to Cooper
JV: “I have this one as game of the night to be fair. Rafferty and Uruguay recovered well after a poor first result. Cooper and the Czechs have been immense. On my accumulator I have it as a draw… with someone to win on penalties.”


Frank: “That’s a good bet that one JV. ”

4 comments:

  1. Another brilliant performance from all the pundits and thanks Stephen for great entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a classy series Beddows,top work,top rate,highly entertaining.....QUALITY!

    ReplyDelete