Friday 20 February 2015

BURTON END OF SEASON REPORT

Before flying off for the World Cup with Austria, Burton Manager Clive Short sat with the Burton Mail to discuss Burtons season.

1) Tell us Clive, how would you rate your season on a scale of 1-10? And why?

Err, well, we got relegated so I'd have to give a big fat zero overall. But if I judge it purely only on my time here I'd say 6. The lads have given me everything they have and we came very close to pulling off the great escape.
 
2) What has been your brightest spark of the season? Which 3 players have impressed you the most at Oxford.

My brightest spark? I'd say getting consistent performances from Ravel Morrison. He came here on loan with a bad reputation but he's been great for me. Hasn't given me any trouble what so ever.
3) Are you letting the lads go on holiday individually or have you picked a special destination for a team holiday? What are the plans?

Well, we have these pointless end of season friendlies to play first but then they are free to go away where they please. I have recommended a city break in Peterborough to the players but I'm not sure any of them will be taking my advice for some reason.
4) Are you likely to be busy in the transfer market? And are you likely to be doing your shopping at Lidl, Aldi, Sainsburys or Waitrose over the break? 

We're hoping to do plenty in the market but like a lot of clubs at this level we need to sell to bring cash in. We'll probably be shopping at poundland to be perfectly honest.
5) Do you have any players you think should be going to the World Cup and if so do you think this will have a negative impact on them next season?

I think my keeper Danijel Subasic is going with Croatia which is great for him and Burton. If Denmark had qualified I'm sure William Kvist would be going. I also think the young lads who joined us this season like Jose  Postiga, David Barbona,  David Concha, and Jose Caraballo all have the potential to go on to play in future world cups.
 
6) And finally, what do you think your chances are of bouncing straight back to division 3?
 
Well, if we can get the players in we want I think we have a great chance. We've already lost out on a few as we don't have the funds at the moment to go into the market but we have plenty of targets in mind.

1 comment: