Saturday 21 March 2015

279 Saturday Show - Episode 3

279 Saturday team for this week

The Doctor: “Welcome everyone to the second ‘279 Saturday Show’ the show for the 279 Managers to discuss 279, the Super Seven, Cozy Coupe Cup and all things SM. I am your host, The Doctor and today we are joined by the man who is less popular that me (according to the poll) JV (Leeds) and two managers making their debuts on the show Daniel Innes (Wycombe) and Reg Robinson (Kidderminister), welcome guys.”
Daniel: “Thanks Doc, it feeling great to be here”

JV: “Nice glasses Reg, Specsavers?”

Reg: “Yes mate. Great deals there… more pairs of glasses there than 10k players at Hereford.”

Hereford United team pic season 6 - unfortunately not all 210 players could fit
The Doctor: “Reg – you first - Last week we had Roy (Lincoln) in the studio and he claimed that you love pies? Were you offended by these comments? Do you feel that he is trying to unsettle your players as he feels you are a huge threat to his own ambitions this season?”
Reg: “Offended! Absolutely not. I love a good pie me. Not as much as Chubby or Gino it appears from the Daily Star though. Chicken and Mushroom is my favourite. If he (Roy) feels the need to unsettle our squad this early on in the season so be it but I think he needs to look at his own squad instead of his fridge to be honest. John, so Friday night’s European adventures for your Leeds sides? Are the lads enjoying these cultural trips? First one was last night coincidentally to Basel with trips to Alkmaar and Villareal to come have you done you research? Any team bonding trips planned? Did you do any yodelling for example pre-match in Switzerland?”

JV: “To be fair Reg we are approaching this competition in as light hearted a manner as PWM approaches his relationships. It is not in our interest to take this too seriously, the Championship is the priority this season… so anything that happens in the Euro games will be a bonus, I plan to mix it with a lot of the youth lads getting games so that we keep the first team squad as fresh as possible for the league matches… some think this approach may actually end up with ourselves doing well inadvertently… we will give each game a go and enjoy the sights on our travels, rather like having a mini break or two… I’m looking forward to a trip around the vineyards of Spain and the lads cannot wait to visit the cheese market at Alkmaar… its world famous you know. The Basel trip from last night incorporated a visit to the Museum of Fine Arts… I am quite the artist you know Daniel.”

JV and Tom De Sutter at the Museum of Art in Basel yesterday afternoon
The Doctor: “Do you like most managers Dan incorporate the 279 Saturday Show into your players pre-match preparation to get them fired up etc? If not what do you normally get the lads to do?”

Daniel: “To be fair Doc we have a few pre-match rules, but mostly it is about getting the team to relax, watch a few episodes (or read) Game of Thrones and strictly no sex within 24 hours of the match, aside from that anything goes.”

JV: “Game of Thrones? Is Frank in that? Can you get that on Betamax?”
Daniel: “Reg, Division 5, Grant at Cambridge who so cruelly missed out on promotion last season have been backed by many as the favourites for promotion this season, however with Grimsby, yoursleves and Lincoln all in the fight do you feel that you can maintain your good start? And are you actually friends with Roy at Lincoln?”

Reg: “I reckon its close this season, many have improved greatly. As you say, Lincoln, Cambridge and ourselves are strong. I do not think you can rule out Barnet or a couple of others ether. As for my friendship with Roy, we spoke, nothing major, but a mutual admiration for each other, but he never sent me that pie from last week’s show! Doc, tell us about Division 3 so far this season? Who is doing well? Who is struggling? You need not tell us what the future hold unless you feel it noteworthy?”
The Doctor: “Well for me the Preston boss is doing an amazing job, I actually tipped them for the drop and can’t see them maintaining this momentum but will enjoy watching them if they do, they kinda remind me of us last year, other than that Crewe look a bit of alright. Daniel, Ake and Odegaard? Two big players for Wycombe and Adams Park? How are they fitting it? Ake of course on loan from Kun Aguero at Liverpool? Do you find that Ake has a big ego like his club manager?”

Daniel: “Everyone is the same, football is a team game and we would not be any better with 1 world class player. John, I have a great question… How did you convince the Drogba to leave Universitario de Deportes and the South American lifestyle for one last challenge at Leeds and Elland Road of all places?”

JV: “Ah Didier… yes a man of great stature and not too bad a footballer if you ask me… he came to Leeds knowing that he will be the main man and to give Leeds a ‘giant’ boost in our promotion aspirations… he is a man of heart and believes he can help fire this great club back to the big time. It is possible (as he has a clause in his contract) that he may become a the future Cultural Director of the club… he too is looking forward to our trip to Alkmaar… hahahaha… damn good guitar player too, we have been gamming together on the team coach… hahaha… I think I’ve said enough… King Drog… there is a song there somewhere.”
Reg: “Doc, I see that Razzaque the Mighty (also Razzaque the Great) has had a difficult start to life in the Forest and keeps babbling on about Dark Magic?  Can he hack the pressures of Division Three, I mean I know that he is sitting here on the wall as the World Cup wining manager… but World Cup v Division Three big challenge for Sherief?”

The Doctor: “I think he will be ok, his squad is good enough to stay in the division and he’s only been beaten once, he could do with a good 85ish rated keeper and cb if I was to be critical but I’ll go no further than that as joo joo can be a powerful enemy on this side of the universe.”
JV: “Dan, a final question for you? You arrived at Wycombe on a cold January in 2015 and have since become their longest serving manager in history? How long to you envisage staying? Is there a long-term project goal?”

Daniel: “I love Adams Park and Wycombe there is so much to do in this place for example. I plan to stay as long as is necessary and have no plans to move on in the near future.”
The Doctor: “Great stuff Daniel, Reg, Final question for you, you managed to bring in Teixeira from Tranmere (great signing by the way) there was a story of a bust up at a local Take-Away joint in the Kidderminster Times between him and Cuvelier, what happened?”

Reg: “Yeah, great signing thanks, Tex had been great, can’t remember when he is from but what a signing at this level? Surprised he was available to be honest, he is undeniably one of our best player. As for the bust up… first I have heard of it… there was quite a queue at the Drive-Tru at Maccy’s so I was late… didn’t see a thing… I do love Maccy’s but no one said anything to me… Might have missed it as I was dedicating my time to my Mcflurry!”
Local Drive Thru where the alleged bust-up took place
Daniel: “Doctor… Danny (Daniel) Rose at Yeovil (Division 3) and his megastar striker, Villa, great start… but Villa injured for 3 weeks… 6 games… Did you have anything to do with this? Coincidence Doctor?”

Reg: “Seems quite odd Doc?”

The Doctor: “Haha, sorry no this was way out of my hands I’m afraid, all I can say is that’s what you get for signing players with zimmer frames and bus passes… JV have you got your bus pass yet?”
JV: “Ya cheeky git… No I haven’t… but Drogba’s is in the post so I am told…”

Reg: “John, During the World Cup after Portugal’s failure to beat Chile and crash out at the Group Stage on the 279 Punidts show you had the audacity to call Beddows a failure? Care you explain? Are you all friends again? Do you anticipate meeting him again next season?”
JV: “Beddows and meself have had a couple of spats! Failure is not a word I like to incorporate into my vocabulary… so a bit of needle ensued with he called me a f***ure… I let him have it, bloody idiot! Though it is fair to say that we have called a temporary truce reminiscent to the Korean ceasefire that has stood since the 1950’s… But in all fairness I’m looking forward to waving to him as we pass him on our way to the top division later this year… then we will know what a bloody failure is! Hahahahahahah!”

Daniel:  “Super Seven lads… we all had a go this week?… 100 SM credits!”

The Doctor: “I had a go but I am not willing to disclose my choice…. But WC pundit Lee Reynolds (Peterborough) phoned Beddows who phoned Kinnear, who text Hirst and who emailed PMW who whatsapped me to tell me of Clive Short’s predictions:
Leicester 1 Liverpool 2, Fulham 1 West Ham 3, Sheff Wed 2 Southampton 2, Dirty Leeds 1 Boro 1, Bournemouth 0 Shrews 2, Wycombe 0 Mansfield 2, Barrow 3 Aldershot 1!

That’s all we have time for today. Look forward to seeing you all next week… when we might have 2 more first time pundit virgins!”

REMEMBER IF YOU WANT TO HAVE A GO ON THE SUPER SEVEN – MESSAGE FRANK BEFORE 8pm TONIGHT…

1 comment:

  1. Great stuff again!
    Here's my super seven picks for this week...
    Leicester 1-3 Liverpool
    Fulham 1-1West Ham
    Sheff Wed 2-2 Southampton
    Leeds 2-2 Middlesbrough
    Bournemouth 2-1 Shrewsbury
    Wycombe 3-1 Mansfield
    Barrow 1-1 Aldershot

    ReplyDelete