Thursday 30 April 2015

SHORT FUSED

Brewers boss Clive Short lost his cool with his players following their 3-2 defeat to relegation threatened Crawley, keeping them locked in the dressing room for 2 hours after the game. Short wasn't in a better frame mind this morning when he finally did his post match interview at the Pirelli. "I can't use the age of this squad as an excuse any longer with performances like that. We gave away possession to easily and didn't even try to get the ball back again. Inept defending, toothless in attack absolutely pathetic all round. I feared we may lose before we'd got out on the pitch when I heard someone say, it's only second bottom Crawley, no problem. I don't want that kind of attitude at this club. What annoyed me even more was the person who said it didn't have the bottle to own up to it at the end. I know exactly who it was and trust me he has been dealt with accordingly. These lads weren't getting games at their previous clubs or had just been released. We've given them the opportunity to come here to play games, improve and show case their talents. If they want their move to bigger clubs they had better buck up. I'm done defending them. They get the praise when it's deserved so it's only right they take the criticism as well."


Short reacted straight away by making the shock decision to send Rabiot and Torres back to their parent clubs and bringing in full back Martin Montoya on loan from Barcelona which would suggest a change in formation is due. And that maybe it was one of these players who made comment which annoyed the manager. "Rabiot hasn't had the same effect he had when he came last season. The so called lesser players, as the fans call them, have done better in his position when called upon. Yes he scored and got man of the match last night but along with Torres not good enough so they've gone back. Montoya will give us a different option, he's a good defender and is comfortable at either right or left back. I'm also looking to loan another centre mid."

Sources have also confirmed that the manager was involved in a furious argument with club chairman Ben Robinson over funds been made available, or lack of, to improve the squad. Reports also coming out of the club is that Short is looking for a way out of Burton and was secretly hoping that Posh would make a move for his services. Although he confirmed words were exchanged Short was quick to rubbish suggestions he is looking for a way out of Burton. "Yes, me and Ben fell out last night as we have done several times previously over various things. But if I was looking for a way out, If I didn't care, I wouldn't have reacted the way I have. This isn't a front. I love it here. Ben has given me the opportunity to build a team from scratch. Build the club from the ground up. He sold his vision to me but he needs to do his bit too to achieve that vision."

RIP CHRIS TURNER #POSHLEGEND

1 comment:

  1. S7:
    Burnley 2-0 Charlton Athletic
    Cardiff City 1-1 Sheffield United
    Shrewsbury Town 3-2 Forest Green Rovers
    Doncaster Rovers 1-1 Coventry City
    Bristol Rovers 1-3 Accrington Stanley
    Chesterfield 2-0 Gillingham
    Southport 2-0 Tamworth

    ReplyDelete