Monday 13 April 2015

Coventry City Progress Report

Coventry City  Quarterly Report

Fannie Licker took time out of her busy schedule to speak to Mark Deadman on Saturday evening after Bradford City v Coventry City  recent match to have a chat about the season so far and asked them a few questions…
1)      Obviously fractions are just a number, but we are 25% of the way to the last day celebrations or commiserations, 
   Work in  progress  after a change in management at Coventry City. Mark Deadman has  had to  increase  his squad size and introduce a strict fitness regime. He said the players were just not  fit enough and the first few games has been down to just getting a team on the pitch and using a very defensive set up. I have been impressed by the attitude of the players and we have ground out some good results.
However, in the last game  we suffered 2 major injuries to  Bryan Schmidt (strained Hamstring - 4 weeks out) and Jamie Sanchez ( Achilles Tendonitis - 6 weeks). In Jamie's case I thought it best to send him back to his own club for further treament) I may need to go into the loan market again. I would like to add what wonderful support this club has and can be seen by the attendance at each home match.


2)      But I have a wealth of experience in the dressing room with Carlton Cole, Mark Hudson, Marco Amelia and Kevin Lisbie.

3)      When I took on this job my aim was/is to firstly ensure that we stay in this division. Second target would be a play off position. But we  must review that at the halfway stage of the season and not now.

4)      Our priority of course is the league and we  are already out of most of the cup competitions. Of course it is very early in my time in this division, but i would look to Crewe as champions and perhaps keep an eye out for Leyton Orient.

5)    Do you envisage yourself at the club come the end of this season? Some of the fans lately have been calling for your head? How do you respond to such calls? If you were to be sacked which manager would be the worst fit possible for your club?
Well  we all know how secure managers' jobs are in football. I would like to still be at Coventry City at the end of the season. I would also ask  the fans to be patient. As I have already said my aim is to see this club playing at an higher level in the future and give me the chance  to do it.  If however, there was a need for  a new manager to come in I would  say I have been impressed by Joe Jordan at Doncaster Rovers.

4 comments: