Thursday 22 January 2015

WE'LL GET NO FAVOURS FROM POSH

Following his teams impressive win against Walsall, Burton Manager Clive Short  now turns his attention to Birmingham on Saturday and hometown club Peterborough United on Monday.

"It's no secret. I'm from Peterborough, I've supported Posh for as long as I can remember and Lee is one of my best friends. But that friendship will be put to one side for them 90 minutes believe me. Posh are looking to secure automatic promotion, which I fully expect them to do so, and it's clear as water we need the 3 points. Maybe more so than they do. It will be a hell of a game. The atmosphere at London road, sorry I apologise, The Abbax, can be pretty hostile at times. Just because I'm a Posh fan I'll have my team prepared to go there and get a result. I know how Lee will have his team set up whoever he puts out. I'm looking forward to going home but first we have a game against a very decent Birmingham side who themselves are looking to get into the playoffs. We're going to have to manage the squad for two very very tough games in such a short space of time. We're looking to bring in 2 in on loan for the remainder of the season but they need to be of the right temperament and quality we need for the fight ahead of us."

Short was also questioned on his secret after the upturn in results since his appointment. "There's no magic formula. Confidence was low but the lads fitness levels were good which surprised me to be honest. So it's just been a case of installing some belief into the squad. We've found a system they enjoy playing, we try to keep training fun and relaxed. The entire club have took on what I want to achieve here. If we have to take a step back to move forward then so be it but I'm learning a lot about the character of this group very quickly and so far I like what I've seen."

No comments:

Post a Comment