Sunday 25 January 2015

SHORT MASTERMINDS ANOTHER WIN THEN REJECTS SEASIDERS

Following yet another impressive win, this time over promotion hopefuls Birmingham City Brewers boss Clive Short has rejected the opportunity to swap a relegation battle for a promotion push after rejecting the advances of Blackpool.

"Never crossed my mind to leave". Said Short. "Despite our predicament I'm really enjoying myself here. Yes, there is the relegation v promotion thing but to be fair to the Chairman he told me about the approach and said he'd understand if I wanted to talk to Blackpool. I rang their chairman just to say thanks but no thanks. And despite what some people are saying I haven't turned them down just because another certain manager wants my job. To be honest, this has taken the shine off a fantastic win against Birmingham. I'd rather focus on that and the games coming up."

Short now turns his attentions to second placed Posh tomorrow night. "Birmingham was a great game and a great result but it's gone. We now head to Peterborough for a game I've been looking forward to for obvious reasons. It's going to be tough. Posh play good football, they have a decent squad and they are on a good run. They'll be crossed words exchanged between myself and Lee during the game at some point I'm sure but they'll also be some laughs shared over a drink afterwards."

No comments:

Post a Comment