Monday 2 March 2015

Pundits Discuss the Final and say their 'Goodbyes' to Rome

It is Monday morning in Rome as we prepare to sit down with the pundits for what will be the final time of this World Cup.

As the sun rose on Monday morning in Rome, the day of The World Cup Final beckoning and the suitcases all packed and ready for a return to their beloved England the pundits/managers were in for a special treat as 279 Sports Producer, Boris Johnson (just cus he knows f*** all about football) came in to speak to the guys about the special day that the show had planned for them:

“Right er… today we are giving you all a little treat… a chance for you to relax forget about guinea pigs, cheating Americans, cheating Mascots, He Man and Neville Southall… we are treating you to a day at the pool.”

Like all holidays the last 7 days had mostly been hard work and had been blessed with a mixture of beautiful sunshine and the odd snowstorm and the day out was extra special as Boris even offered to pay the 10 euro entry fee and gave each pundit 5 euros to spend on paninis (not the stickers) and gelato.
Here are the lads getting ready to enjoy their day and below what they had to say about last night’s semi’s and more importantly tonight’s final.

As you can see the lads were very happy to let their hair down - Broon looks particularly delighted  -
(5 hours later)

The Doctor: "Well lads that really was a great swim... pity all of the Paraguyan girls had gone before we got to the pool but I do hope that Gino managed to take some of them back to Derby." 

JV: "Absolutely lads... I had a great time and have had a great week, been great fun working with every single one of you. PWM great breast stroke by the way I was mighty impressed where did you learn that?"

PWM: "Funny story I tell you. I actually learnt to breast stroke in the Vlatva in Prague back when I was Jan Koller's personal trainer... not many people knew that... but that is why I am cheering for the Czech's tonight... Come on Pekhart - He has the Power!"

The Doctor: "Great match, Gavin was very gracious in defeat... did the best Welshman win in your opinion Lee?"

Lee: "Absolutely. To beat Spain, win the group with maximum points and then beat Uruguay and then Argentina... they deserved to beat the Poles and deserve to win the final."

Ted: "Don't get me wrong Lee but I disagree. I'd love to see Razzaque win the Cup, take it back to Forest Green and hide it in some forest hedge somewhere just like in 1966. He deserves to win it."

PMW: "Benzema will be a huge loss!"

Frank: "Yes it will and Razzaque will have to use all of his witchcraft knowledge to work out a way to lift his players morale as without their talisman I do fear for them."

Broon: "I never actually realised until last night that one of my Tottenham players is actually in the World Cup Final - Rosicky. Now I have realised this I have decided that I can forgive Cooper for beating the Argie's (my team as Scotland no even less about football than Boris Johnson). So I am hoping for Czech mate inside 90 minutes tomorrow!"

Fox: "Speaking of cheques has anyone given the producers the 'cheque' we ran up at the pool bar earlier."

JV: "Personally if they kick off I think we should set them straight as it was all the Doctor and Lee."

PMW: "I personally stuck to my 5 euros... Did anyone have any sympathy for the 'lesser brother' and Colombia?"

Lee: "Not really... although I guess I should be grateful they beat the Yanks because Miss Posh finally came back to the hotel last night. We had a drink together and then she said she needed to go and speak to Broon about some American players for Tottenham or something... she text me this morning saying she'd gone back to England. I do so look forward to seeing her again."

Broon: "It was an interesting discussion Lee... now a change of subject may I propose? Loris or Cech? Because it could be the keepers that win the cup for their respective sides?"

JV: "Cech and his defence have kept some great strikers in check throughout this tournament. Let us not forget Razzaque's unforgivable action to cull live Turkeys before his sides group match v Turkey and look what happened they drew 3-3... I think if Razzaque tries anything like this then he could end up paying for it."
Fox: "Razzaque was only trying to be funny JV. Give the guy a break."

Lee: "Look at the pre-World Cup odds though... the Czechs 75/1 v the French 7/1... surely this has to be a no brainer tonight... According to FrankBet!"

Frank: "Not necessarily Lee... FrankBet sometime make mistakes quite frankly. Tranmere for example: FrankBet made them 100000/1 to win the European Cup last season, naturally I advised my wife to have a £1000 bet and while I was away with Ecuador she went down to our local FrankBet shop and cashed it in for £1billion. She wants me to give up SM and Tranmere now but I told her it was my first love and she could go and do lots of shopping in Birkenhead now while I concentrate on Tranmere."

The Doctor: "They were some great odds Frank did you make them up? Great tip for the missus as well!"
Ted: "So Frank where should our money be going tonight then?"

Frank: "Penalities"

Ted: "And who to win?"

JV: "France"

The Doctor: "No JV you are wrong... It will be the Czechs let me just fetch my chequebook to put money on... do you accept cheques Frank?"

JV: "Thanks a lot guys for being a great audience. I do believe we have averaged 180-200 hits per day during the course of the World Cup. With the next World Cup only 4 months away let us hope we will all be there as managers and not pundits so that some other poor bugger can have the mickey taken out of them by Beddows on a daily basis.

PWM: "That's all folks!"

Broon: "Good luck to Cooper and Razzaque... May SM decide the winner!"

BEST WISHES AND THE END


1 comment:

  1. Princess Michelle William's support for ze Czeckens reminds me why we lopped off ze 'eads of our own monarchy. Viva la France! Allez allez La Revolucion, abseulement!

    We shall have our cake and eat it too, no matter what zat Marie Antoinette imposter says!

    ReplyDelete