Friday 24 July 2015

Rooney Arrives: "Ay am dead made-up ter be round os"

Wayne Rooney held nothing back and even stumped Beddows by speaking to the press in his native Scouse as he and Daley Blind were unveiled with Ronaldo moving to Turin.



"This is a dead special place for me, I am dead made-up and so is Coleen and the kids..."

Wayne Rooney is something of a coup for the Liverpool United boss who is delighted to have got his first major target.

"It was and will be all about Wayne. Wayne was what I wanted and it is what I have got. With Wayne we can win the league. Cristiano is great but I feel that after he saw me fail to get Portugal to a World Cup and I told him about JT and Ronnie's kid it is always going to dent his confidence in my managerial abilities... but he will be happy in Turin!"

Rooney and Blind follow on from Beddows' swap deal with the incredibly difficult to deal with Man Utd which saw Phil Jones come to Anfield.

"Phil is going to be a great utility player for us, maybe even first XI, we will see how the squad develops for the rest of post-season."

Beddows was then asked if he'd be taking Scouse lessons from Tranmere boss Hirst...

"Me... Scouse lessons, I don't think so... As I am commuting from Prestatyn I've actually given my old friend Cooper a call at Chesterfield and he has kindly offered to teach my Welsh once a week... we had our first lesson today... "Rwyf wrth fy modd Rooney" AND "Mae'n gas gen lerpwl"

Some of the journalists laughed whilst the Scouse journo just looked on dumbfounded...

Beddows then allowed Rooney, the new Liverpool United captain incidentally and Blind to unveil the new Liverpool United kit for the new season.

Wayne Rooney has been given Gerrard's No 8 shirt - "It a great honour - I won't slip up though we will win the league!"

1 comment: